We’re looking for candidates to fill a middleweight developer role in our digital agency business. We’re looking for someone who is an established web developer who understands the value of doing things the right way, not the quick way.
You will already have 3+ years of commercial development experience, with a strong grasp of the web and how it works. You should have a portfolio of work across application development and content managed sites.
You should have a solid understanding Python or another dynamic language, as well as experience with MVC frameworks (eg. Django, Rails). You should have some knowledge of container devops (for example Heroku or ECS or Kubernetes experience). AWS product knowledge is very desirable.
You should be adept at applying your problem-solving abilities to our client’s needs, and be a strong communicator in a technical team environment.
As part of your role you’ll be working on green-field projects, while researching new techniques, and working with new APIs. You’ll also work to maintain our existing software and systems, and help to manage our infrastructure.
We support all our staff by providing training, conference tickets, and a work environment which encourages best practices.
This role is 100% remote, but you’ll be expected to attend periodic meetups with your team for ‘lunch and learn’, our internal knowledge sharing lunches (currently virtual, hopefully in-person in 2021). You’ll be provided with brand new, state-of-the-art hardware including a laptop, a headset, and a monitor.
- Our work schedule is flexible, and you can choose your hours from 7am-7pm, with our core hours between 11am-3pm.
- This is a fully remote position, in a fully remote engineering team.
- 22 days per year paid holiday allowance.
- You get your own book, magazine subscription and equipment budget.
- Private healthcare via a company-wide scheme for you and your dependants.
- Generous benefit scheme administered by Perkbox, including cinema tickets, gym membership (subject to probationary period).
- We develop a personal training plan for each employee, and we provide everyone with their own training and conference budget.
Our application process is typically made up of three parts:
- An informal chat over a coffee with our Technical Director; we will want to get to know you better, swap some stories, and try to understand your motivation and whether we can help you achieve your goals.
- A small test piece of work in collaboration with our team; you’ll join us in Slack, and be able to chat with us, ask questions, and get to know the wider team.
- A more formal interview, again with the Technical Director, and also one of the other directors at Giant.
If you would like to apply for this role, please email email@example.com with your CV and links to relevant portfolio or social media.