Giant Digital Ltd. is a web consultancy business. We specialise in high quality, user-focused, accessible websites and applications for the charitable sector.
Our product management team is essential to our success. They’re involved at the beginning and the end of our projects, helping identify features, validate hypotheses, conduct user research, develop appropriate UX, and test completed solutions. It’s very much a people-oriented job, involving requirements gathering, business analysis and reporting to stakeholders. It also involves working with internal and external clients, understanding client needs and developing UX patterns to suit our shared vision. We require you to gather and document a client’s business requirements, test how they align with the users requirements, research new techniques and patterns, and test our software and systems against the brief.
This is an active role in which you will shape the direction and capabilities of all the software which we deliver; you will be responsible for applying your experience and knowledge to build systems which make a real difference in the real world.
Hours and Remuneration
- Up to £40,000 pa., depending on experience.
- 37.5 hours per week, used flexibly Monday to Friday.
- This is a fully-remote role, working in a fully-remote delivery team, with national travel for on-site meetings with clients and colleagues where necessary.
- Good people skills; you will be required to lead project kick off workshops, stakeholder interviews, and user testing sessions both in person, and via telephone and video conference.
- You must be able to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines; you’ll be managing complex work.
- A good understanding of UX patterns, and the ability to work to develop UX plans and documentation for our clients.
- The ability to communicate ideas through wireframes and prototypes, and to present these ideas to stakeholders, who may not be technically literate.
- Experience of the web application delivery process, change and lifecycle management.
- An understanding of how to test a product and validate a hypothesis.
- A solid understanding of technical solutions to help communicate and document the client objectives efficiently with the development team.
- 22 days per year paid holiday allowance.
- You get your own book, magazine subscription and equipment budget.
- Private healthcare via a company-wide scheme for you and your dependants.
- Company pension scheme.
Our application process is typically made up of three parts:
- An informal chat over a coffee with our Technical Director and Product Director; we will want to get to know you better, swap some stories, and try to understand your motivation and whether we can help you achieve your goals.
- A small test piece of work in collaboration with our team; you’ll join us in Slack, and be able to chat with us, ask questions, and get to know the wider team.
- A formal interview, which may involve other members of the Giant team.
If you would like to apply for this role, please email email@example.com with your CV and links to relevant portfolio or social media.